My challenge for myself this month is to simplify. I really have no idea how much I will accomplish this month. Simplifying around the house is an ongoing process that I have been working on for years. So I doubt I will be able to say I’m done at the end of the month, but hope to have made a large dent.
I’ve been thinking a lot about how to go about it and have made a list of things to accomplish or at least begin this week:
- Make a quick sweep of each room in the house, rounding up everything that I can easily decide does not belong in my home.
- Call Habitat for Humanity to come pick up first round of items .
- Create boxes for categories of items that should be stored together. For example, I have a variety of tools all over the house. My goal is to store them all together in my studio closet. Before I begin organizing them, I want to be able to see everything I have and remove any duplicates or unneeded tools. In addition to Tools, I will also create boxes of items to Sell, Repurpose, and Projects.
- List at least 5 items for sale online (this week).
- Take clothes and books that I can sell to Plato’s Closet/Daisy Exchange and Half Price Books.
- Begin reviewing digital files and come up with a plan of action for deletion/organization.